So much cinnamon and sugary goodness. Then 2 days later, we were going to my aunt and uncle's house to have breakfast and see all their Christmas presents. I made lemon poppy seed muffins to take with us. I got the recipe out of the cookbook my wonderful boyfriend gave to me for Christmas. It was originally lime poppy seed muffins, but I changed it because I had some lemons in my fridge that I needed to use. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients (Makes 12-15 muffins)
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups ap flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2/3 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon zest
2-3 tbsp lemon juice (depends on how lemony you want them)
2 tsp poppy seeds
1) Line muffin pan with muffin papers, or oil the pan
2) Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Then add in sugar and stir together
3) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, egg white, oil, and milk together. Then stir in lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, then add the poppy seeds and gently stir together. Do not overstir.
4) Fill each cup about 2/3 full.
5) Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until risen and golden.