Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas cake & my presents!

 On Christmas morning, I got the best present a teenage baker could ask for....A KITCHENAID STAND MIXER. And lucky me, it was the color I wanted too! The thing was a beautiful shade of ice blue. Needless to say, when I opened it, I cried. A lot. Like that kind of crying where your face gets all red and puffy. So not attractive, but totally worth it. Here's me opening it:
As you can see, I was completely shocked. Here's me with it:
Between my parents, the rest of my family, and my boyfriend, I got tonnnnssss of baking stuff. I'll give you a list: 
  • cookbook holder
  • set of 4 different sized spatulas
  • roll and cut mat
  • food writer markers
  • cake leveler
  • lots of cookbooks
  • cake tester
  • mini loaf pans
  • giant cupcake mold
  • giant cookie mold
  • icing gun
  • 2 6 inch round cake pans
  • parchment paper
  • pink heart shaped edible glitter
  • black, gray, white edible glitter
  • mini heart teacake pan
  • purple crystal sprinkles
  • cupcake papers
  • cupcake necklace

So I was a pretty happy girl this Christmas. I'm all stocked up with my baking supplies for a while! For the Christmas day celebration at my Mammaw's house, I made a cake for the dessert. It was a white cake that I split into two bowls, and dyed half red and half green. I covered it in buttercream frosting and tried my best with the decorations. 

Here's the inside:

3 comments:

  1. Your cake is gorgeous, and I am totally jealous of your presents! I still haven't touched my new Green Apple Baby, but I'm itching to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been there to see your face!!! Your cake is outstanding - I absolutely love it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great CHristmas present! I love my Kitchenaid mixer. The icy blue color is gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete