I am not a huge fan of bananas. I like them in things, but not by themselves. Although, I do like banana bread! It's one of my favorite things. The recipe I use is super good & super easy. The bread has a slight crust on the top, making it even better!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of cloves
dash of allspice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups ap flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease whatever pan(s) you're using.
2. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3.In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the spices and milk.
4. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir. Add the dry ingredients, mix until flour disappears. Don't over mix.
6. Pour in pans and bake for 1 hour.
7. Cool for 20 minutes before removing and slicing.
Now, I have fantastic news to share. My dad is taking me on a 3 day trip to New York City this upcoming weekend! I've never been to New York, so i'm extremely excited! I get to go ice skating in either Central Park or Rockefeller Center, shop at New York Cake & Baking Supplies, see the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Crumbs Bakery, Times Square, & Carlos Bakery (Site of one of my favorite shows, CAKE BOSS!!!). Ahhhhh! I can't believe I'm finally getting to visit this exciting city! I'll be leaving Thursday night at 5, & returning Sunday evening. So I'll post some pictures a few days after I return!